Beach Lifeguard Courses at TurfnSurf
We run regular beach lifeguard courses in conjunction with IWS. IWS Beach Lifeguard courses are delivered to best international standards and are recognised by the International Lifesaving Federation. Our lifeguards have worked in almost every country in the world where lifeguards are employed.
The qualification you will receive is the National Beach Lifeguard Award. We run courses for new applicants and for those renewing existing qualifications.
Courses are run over 5 days and are based in the Lodge. We offer course attendees accommodation of €20 per night per person including breakfast.
What do I need to know?
- The aim is to provide successful candidates with an internationally recognised lifeguarding certificate.
- All classes take place at TurfnSurf Bundoran
- Course duration is 32 hours with a 6-8 hours assessment
- Candidates must complete a swim of 400m in less than 8 minutes.
- You will receive a beach lifeguard manual and hand-outs on extra material
- Booking is required 4 weeks prior to the start date of each course
- Candidates can use all TurfnSurf's wet room facilities.
New candidate - €320
Renewal candidate - €200
A deposit of €150 is required. You must book at least 4 weeks prior to course start date.
Beach Lifeguard Course - New Candidates and Renewals
February 10/11/12th & 17/18/19th (duration - 2 weekends)
April 18th - 22nd (duration - 5 consecutive days)
May 12/13/14th & 19/20/21st (duration - 2 weekends)
May 22nd - 26th (duration - 5 consecutive days)
June 5th - 9th (duration - 5 consecutive days)
June 19th - 23rd (duration - 5 consecutive days)
September 22/23/24th & 29/30/1st October (duration - 2 weekends)