Gap Year Programmes
ADVENTURE & LEADERSHIP GAP YEAR PROGRAM WITH IRISH GAP YEAR
We are pleased to announce that we have partnered up with Irish Gap Year who are the providers of the amazing 12-week Adventure & Leadership GAP Year Program. Many hours are spent surfing and volunteering with Liquid Therapy throughout the program.
What's it all about?
Our 12 Week Adventure & Leadership Gap Year Program in Ireland is a thoughtfully designed program that explores Irish culture and history, challenges students physically through outdoor adventure activities and mentally through our leadership course and volunteering.
The Adventure & Leadership Program aims to provide students with a platform to explore a different culture and country, discover new soft-skills, grow as individuals and make a valuable impact on the local community of a small rural town in Ireland.
At the end of the Program we want the students to leave with an array of soft-skills, which will benefit them throughout their life.
The Program gives students the opportunity to become fully involved in a local Irish community through volunteering and learning about their culture, by undertaking personal development and experiencing the rugged natural beauty of Ireland.
- Get a truly authentic experience of Ireland and her people
- Develop leadership and inter-personal skills
- Do a 12 week Leadership Course equivalent to a Level 6 Quality & Qualifications Ireland standard.
- Experience Ireland’s epic landscapes through outdoor adventure sports such as surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, hiking and sea-kayaking
- Do up to 80 hours of Community Volunteering
- Visit the top cultural and historical attractions in Ireland
- Volunteer with youth groups and the elderly in a small rural town in the west of Ireland
- Volunteer on an organic garden farm and find out how to live sustainably
- Immerse yourself in the culture and everyday life of rural Ireland
- Work as a team through group project work and experiential learning
- Learn to surf, kayak along the Wild Atlantic Way, hike Ireland’s beautiful mountains and stand-up paddle along scenic lakes.
Want to improve your surfing and volunteer in the community, why not try the Irish Gap Year Liquid Therapy Volunteer Adventure Program.
LIQUID THERAPY VOLUNTEER ADVENTURE PROGRAM
What’s It All About?
The Liquid Therapy Volunteer Adventure Program is a three week intensive, special education volunteer training program for students from 15 to 18. Students are trained by our professional special education team to work one-on-one with young autistic Irish children in a therapeutic capacity through surfing.
Students will balance their hands-on volunteering with an exciting range of outdoor adventure actives including learning to surf, stand-up-paddle board, sea-kayaking and trekking – All in the spectacular beauty of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. This program aims to offer amazing adventures in a safe and friendly environment whilst staying in the beautiful Bundrowes House, a home away from home.
- A comprehensive special education volunteer training program consisting of 5 classroom (15 hrs) sessions with experienced professionals in the field of special education
- 25 hours of hands-on volunteering using surfing and water sports as immersive & therapeutic mediums for autism
- One-on-one, small group volunteering taking autistic children surfing
- Outdoor adventure along Ireland's spectacular Wild Atlantic Way. Learn to Surf, kayak and stand-up paddle board in pristine nature reserves, trek in the wild mountains of Ireland’s Atlantic Coast
- A truly multicultural experience – Students will live communally in Irish Gap Year’s Magnificent ‘Bundrowes House’ with European students for the majority of the program
- Immerse yourself in the Irish community by making real, lasting connections with local families and their children
Visit some of Ireland's most significant historical & cultural sites as you travel the country in adventurous style